Wednesday, September 25, 2019

In the Beginning 09-24-19

I started this blog twelve years ago and below is the first post.  It has been interesting and sometimes a real burden.  For years I just posted every day, then I took a week or so off, which gave me a new view of blogging.  Since then I usually write every day, but skip days now and then.  I'm always surprised that people still read my words and always grateful.  I have been a widow since March 2, 1990, and have lived alone all those years.  Life changes and we change.  I am not unhappy, but I do get lonely at times and writing the blog is like writing letters to someone far away.  So, I will keep doing it as long as I can, not necessarily when I have something to say, but on a somewhat regular basis.  Drop me a comment once in a while, just so I know someone is still out there in blogland.   Love, Del & KoKo

Monday, August 20, 2007


A thought about age

"In spite of illness, in spite even of the archenemy sorrow, one can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in inellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in small ways." Edith Wharton

5 comments:

Loretta said...

Good Morning Del, I read and sometimes answer your blog for the same reasons you keep a blog! Today is going to be a hot one here in marvelous Marin...so I need to close the window shades and leave water for the birds. Have yourself a lovely one! Take care and stay well.

Anonymous said...

I, also, enjoy reading your news, seeing Koko and the flora and fauna, the food you enjoy and joining in on you wonderful road trips, giving me a feel of your country from my small one here in the U.K Not to mention the quilts !! So as long as I can I will keep watching. Edith Wharton's wise words are a good rule for life. So, thank you , dear friend, for sharing.
Love Anne

Beth said...

Dear Del, You know I look forward to your blog every day. It is the first thing I look at in the morning. I like knowing what you and Koko are up to and I miss the days when you are away or have not posted anything. Love Beth

Anonymous said...

Hello! Keep up the good work. I have you on my reading list and enjoy seeing what you're up to. --Cheryl

Sharon Richards said...

I enjoy reading your blog though I don't think I've ever told you so.

Keep it up!! We "elderly" can still be "young" at heart!!!

Sharon Richards