Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mask making 05-09-20

The mask making will be going on for quite some time, I think.  I have only made a few and have received a lovely one from a friend, but I need to make at least a few more so that I have at least one clean one every day.  To clean them I put them in a bowl in the sink and pour boiling water from my electric tea kettle.  Letting them soak for a few minutes, while stirring, then I pour out the water and let the masks cool enough to handle, then I squeeze them and roll them in a clean towel to get out most of the water before hanging them on a skirt hanger to let them dry in the kitchen.   Those with filter material inside take longer to dry.  

I came across this video about the materials and methods used by one quilt shop in Washington state and find it very helpful in deciding what materials to use.  I favor the "halter" type of ties using soft rolls of cut T-shirt material.  But if I could acquire it I would use the 1/8th" elastic since the halter type does not hang from the ears.  Works good for glasses and hearing aids.  



#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Thank you Del. This is my project for this coming week....at least 3 masks for just me!
Please, take care and stay well. Pats to KoKo!