Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Plants and KoKo 05-05-20

Before we drove onto the freeway last Tuesday I needed a latte to keep me going in the hours ahead, but there was no Starbuck's handy, so I did a drive-thru at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.  The back of the building where one orders is drab and plain, so I wasn't expecting to see a garden on the walls in front.  

Here is KoKo with the rows of succulents growing in "gutters" on the wall above his head. 


This is looking up out the car window (which you can just see a bit of at upper right) at a lovely variety of succulents.  I wasn't so impressed with the coffee, but the plantings were amazing!
I have seen this sort of thing in restaurants and on the walls of restaurant patios, but never outside.  I wonder how long it has been there and what the maintenance requirements are. 

#   #   #

No comments: