Thursday, May 7, 2020

Thursday Treasures 05-07-20

Another "treasure" I keep because I just can't part with it.  This was a gift from my great aunt Effie Brown when I was in Home Ec class in high school.  And all the spools are wooden spools from over the last almost 70 years.  I'm sure the thread is tired and brittle and I will never use it.  But this makes a nice sentimental decoration in my sewing room. 

Most of these are Star or Coats and Clark, which were the common brands back then.  Cheapest was 10 cents a spool. 


It stands up like an easel to make the selection oh-so-much easier!

This is the back.  Not really crooked, just the angle I took the picture. 


#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

This is a very special treat for your sewing room. Wonderful thread colors and love those wooden spools. I too save my old wooden spools with their remaining threads. I consider this part of my sewing stash. I do hope my daughters also think they are fun to save! Take care and stay well.

Rebecca said...

I have a threadholder like that, but find it impractical. Sentiment is a much better reason for it.

I wish I had saved my wooden spools. Who knew they'd disappear? I remember fabric-covered button kits instructing me to use a spool to push on the back. Couldn't do that with a plastic spool!