Sunday, May 17, 2020

Little Houses quilt 05-16-20

When I have a burst of sewing mojo I cut out a few more little houses.  I have fifteen more cut and ready to sew together.  The cutting is what takes time because I foolishly choose to use only stripes for the houses, so each piece must be cut singly for the strips to go vertically and straight.  When I add the fifteen I will have 55 blocks.  Also need a few more different palm trees, which are fused.  


There is no deadline on this (something I seemed to need to finish anything) so I can stretch it out for a long time.  There is a cartoon going around on Facebook that shows a man time traveling back from the future.  He asks the human he encounters what year he has landed in.  The reply is 2020 and the time traveler responds, "Oh yes, the first year of the isolation."   Funny and not so funny.  


#   #   #



3 comments:

Diane Perin said...

I love your houses and your palm trees! Hope you are doing well, Del!

sonja said...

if you run out of striped fabric and have some acrylic paint,
you could make your own ...just sayin
I love your house blocks and palm!
i wonder if in the future we might view house quilts
and recall 2010 life in the time covid19?

Loretta said...

Your houses are fantastic. I love the layout with some of your houses tipped on the hilltops! I am pleased you are in the middle of this fun project and spending time to have fun with fabric! This is a year to remember!