Monday, June 8, 2020

Bird Watching 06-08-20

I don't go bird watching these days, mostly because I can't stand for long.  And bird watching requires being silent and very still.   I do watch from my car and I was amazed today when I backed out of my driveway and saw an egret walking along the bushes in a yard across the street.  I have seen them in yards and gardens, but not recently.  Since there was no traffic I just followed him as he walked and flew across the street to a more enticing yard.  At one point he found a snack and swallowed it whole, and, I presume, alive.  I imagine it was a sunbathing lizard.  



He is almost on the front porch at Donna's house. 


He strode along stretching his neck into the Lily-of-the-Nile. 


This is a video, but I don't know how to make it move.  Sorry. 

I had my cell phone camera on and set it for video, but when I looked later I only had three seconds of video and a bunch of still images.   Guess it is time for me to take some "how to use your phone camera" classes.  In case he comes back. 

By-The-Way:  Today was Ruth B. McDowell's birthday.  Hope it was a special day, Ruth.  



#   #   #

1 comment:

Carol said...

Very cool. He looks like a statue in some of these shots.