Tuesday, June 9, 2020

ZOOMING! 06-09-20

This morning Surfside Quilters Guild held their first ZOOM meeting on the regular meeting day and time.  And 107 members checked in!  It was so wonderful to see those familiar faces and hear those familiar voices.  Thanks to everyone who came!  Some of us need to learn a little more about ZOOMing, but generally it worked well, I thought.
I don't understand how the member views are arranged.  President Mary Arter remained in the upper left corner of my screen the entire time.  And my view was right next to hers.   Because I clocked in early?  Or does my image move around on the screens of others?  We had an educational presentation by Jean Impey on the printing of fabric as done by Hoffman Fabrics.  It was mostly about making batiks, which I found very interesting.  She works at Hoffman and used professional slides from their archives.   We also presented our outgoing president, Monica Shafer, with her president's quilt which reflects her love of all things Hawaiian.  Good meeting.  Hope to see you all next month. 



#   #   #

No comments: