Monday, July 20, 2020

Buying on Amazon 07-20-20

I have been on Amazon for quite a long time, but I rarely buy anything except books.  Under the influence of my Friend Dick Bednar I have been looking for things in the vast resources that Amazon offers.  So, I bought a few things and they were delivered so quickly I thought there must be a mistake.   And there was, but it was mine!  I ordered two of my favorite lip balms (Evanhealy Whipped Shea Butter for Lips) because both of my current tubes are almost empty.  But I didn't read the instructions well enough and I ordered two "units" each including three tubes.  I now have enough to probably last me the rest of my life.   And I am in dire need of some Wonder Under 805, but Amazon listed 1 yard, 2 yard, 5 yard, or 35 yards.  I suspect I will be able to use up 35 yards of this product before my sewing days are over, but surely someone will be able to use my leftover.  

So, the moral of the story is to READ CAREFULLY and then read it again, befor hitting the ORDER NOW button.  

KoKo was mystified and thought this package was for Froggy.    But it must be mine since neither of them read. 



#   #   #

5 comments:

sonja said...

i feel you ouch, on Barnes and Nobles i ea=erred in a book order recently resulting in a duplication ...so i gifted a friend the extra saying , i still have a copy so pass it on.... hey i'll buy some of the lip balm as i am all out of "chicken poop' regular.... seriously it is a great balm with humor included in ingredients no chickens harmed.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It definitely worth the time to read the directions, and also the reviews. I just bought a dress online, and on looking through the different colors and patterns in one style of dress, they all looked like summer dresses, but when I got it, it was a winter dress. It is pretty, but I wasn't looking for a winter dress.

Rebecca said...

Wonder Under seems to be the current pandemic shortage. I remembered Deborah Boschert said she got bolts from Walmart for $10, so I did a quick search. I found it for $22+ dollars (20 yards!) but not in stock, nor at JoAnn (where 10 yards are $30). Crazy times. I hope people aren't using it for masks!

Mary Ann said...

Love some Amazon. They are great for medical supplies, knee roller, gentian violet, also felt for betting, books ( I support Goodwil by books from them through Amazon. And I have bought fabric, also.

Loretta said...

and....they deliver quickly! I note Froggy is in need of repair! Stay well.