Thursday, July 23, 2020

Oceanside, CA drive 07-23-20

Today I drove to Oceanside to deliver a quilt for the "Southern California Contemporary Quilts" exhibit at Oceanside Museum of Art that opens August 1st (through Oct 25).  They will hang the quilts and then post them on a video on their website.  If it can be arranged there will be a way to make a reservation to go to the museum with a limited number of visitors for a limited amount of time.  Something similar to what Visions is currently offering.  All the makers are in Southern California and the "theme" is our "view" of Southern California.  Mine is "Palms", to me the symbol of the area.  More on the exhibit later.  

I dropped KoKo for a visit with Nancy Ota in San Clemente, which is about an hour from my house and half an hour north of Oceanside.  Amazingly, it sprinkled on the way down and it was very overcast.  But by noon the sun was out and there were many people walking the huge Thursday farmer's market one block off of Mission. I turned in my quilt at OMA and found the crepe "booth" for a bacon/cheese/avocado/egg crepe which I ate sitting in my car, parked next to my friend Beth in her car, while we had a nice visit.  It did seem strange, but it worked rather well.  Then home again, stopping to pick up KoKo, and just in time for a ZOOM meeting with an art quilt group I belong to.  After which we required a nap!  

The Pacific Ocean on a grey overcast morning.
Don't know where the circle came from, it isn't part of the picture!

A military ship off of Camp Pendleton. 

The front of Oceanside Museum of Art with the current art piece displayed. 

And a close up!

We parked under the palm trees behind the museum to have our lunch. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sounds like a good trip. I love the colorful display art on the building. What a great idea!