Tuesday, July 21, 2020

More on shopping 07-21-20

Thanks for the comments on shopping online, specifically Amazon.   With the extended limitations of the pandemic I find I need to buy things online rather than go to a shop.  I do go to the grocery store every few weeks, masked and with a detailed list so I just make a path to find the things on my list.  I don't spend very many minutes inside.  And I go to the farmer's market almost every Tuesday for veggies, fruits, eggs, and bread.  Almost everyone wears a face covering, but today there was a group of four, all without masks, standing mid aisle chattering away. But I am a bit of a coward when it comes to confronting people, so I just walked a wide swing around them. And made sure that my mask was fitting tightly.  Today I hit TJoe's because I knew I would find what I needed there and I was in and out in about ten minutes.  No more standing in line, not that I ever did.  I go to CVS for prescriptions because I am unwilling to be in their "club" to have prescriptions delivered.   I don't think I go out much at all, but am surprised that I know people who have not been out of their house/property since all this virus business started.  I am an introvert, but not that much of an INTROVERT.   And I find I need to converse with a human being more than I thought I did.   I do several ZOOM meetings which help, but are not very satisfying.  I can at least see people's faces and the emotions they express.  I do long to be out on the road seeing many different places and people.   The call of the open road!    I thought about buying a small motor home or trailer to avoid staying at motels, but thousands of other disgruntled travelers have the same idea and I understand the RV market is overrun and prices have increased.  Maybe a rental?  Even with extensive sanitizing I find that a bit intimidating.  So, I guess I will continue to stay home and try to avoid the virus, but as you all know, it is REALLY hard.  At least I have KoKo for company, but he isn't much of a conversationalist.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Ah, conversation. That is the missing element in all of this! I too can do 'alone' quite well. I so many projects of various interests and my garden is just wonderful for gazing the flowers and critters that live and/or visit them. I like gardening very much, so I'm content to weed and pluck for spent blossoms while wondering the area. I do find myself wishing for another voice sometimes though. I have given in to exercise and am expecting the delivery of an exercise bike! I used one at the PT facility and I found I could read on my Kindle while pedaling, and I do need to move more than I do! So, I'll report o my progress in a few weeks. Much of my week is spent on various ZOOM workshops and discussion groups. I'm pleased with my progress though all of this and will continue mask wearing whenever I need to chat with a delivery person. Take care and stay well.