Monday, June 28, 2021

Sewing 06-28-21

I took a large box of scraps to SDiego with me to turn into Salvation Army for their fabric resale project - they sell them to manufacture things like carpet padding.  But the drop-off station was closed by the time i got there, so I passed them off to a SDiego friend who will turn them in for me.  I did look to see what was in the box and it was easier to part with them when I discovered that some were from at least forty years ago.  Some poly, some rayon, but mostly cottons.  I closed the lid and let them go to a good cause!  

I have more boxes, baskets, bags, and Baggies full of scraps and will continue making backgrounds with no idea what will go on the backgrounds.  The latest one I used scraps other than the squaring up pieces which make just strips.  These scraps were in a bag together with some light flowery fabrics.  I vaguely recall they were left over from a desert scene some time in years gone by.   

Here are the scraps arranged on a backing with a layer of WonderUnder.  The white dots are white glass headed pins which just blend in on the top half.   The pins hold the pieces to the thick cardboard so I can move the piece to the ironing area where I fuse everything in place. 

Then to the sewing machine where I sew around the edges of each piece.  Now it is ready for something to be fused/appliqued on top.  

#   #   #
 

No comments: