Sunday, June 27, 2021

Traveling 06-27-21

Today was another face-to-face meeting of the art quilt group and I made a weekend of it.  I dropped KoKo with his kind keepers, Cherie and Jim, and drove down Saturday morning.  With one thing and another I didn't leave until 10:30am and the traffic was horrible.  The drive was three hours and twenty minutes, instead of the average two hours.  We just crept along and crept along - I rarely got up to 30 miles an hour.  VERY difficult.  And when I arrive at Visions Art Museum I discovered that they close on Saturday at 2pm.  I had about 20 minutes to look at the exhibits.  Not enough time, but I'm glad I was able to see them in-the-fabric (instead of online).  Showing until July 3rd are "Deed Not Words", quilts about woman's struggles; a one woman exhibit of Jill Kerttula's amazing photographic quilts; and a small showing of cyanotype pieces by Hillary Waters Fayle.  So little time and I took no photos.  Go see the exhibits before July 3rd..

Cars creeping along beside me, in front of me and behind me.  Grrrrr.

When going so slow there is a bit of time to see the surf in several places along I-5.  This is one where the white line of gentle waves shows just beyond the greenish weeds. 

I met my friend Beth Smith for lunch at Solare, almost next door to VAM.  It was so special to eat there again after at least a year and a half.  And the food was delicious and presented so nicely.  This is Beth's beet salad.  

The curled "towers" are cucumber slices.  

I had the mixed seafood/veggie plate with shrimp and calamari - "Frittura di Pesce all'Italiana".  Not as elegant looking as Beth's salad, but oh-so-good.  No dessert.   But we had a great visit sitting on a bench in the shade beside VAM.  Wonderful weather. 

I stayed with the hostess overnight and we had a lot of inspired show and tell at the art qroup meeting this morning before our box lunches.   We are working on quilts for a special exhibit at PIQF in October.  Hope it works out. 


Traffic wasn't too bad coming home, so I picked up KoKo about 4pm.  After I put most everything away we had a little nap.   It was a lovely weekend, but tiring.  I need to work harder at rebuilding some strength - PTherapy on Wednesday. 

#   #   #





1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That drive would have been tiring no matter what shape you were in! I'm glad things are getting a little back to normal, though.