Thursday, July 1, 2021

Sewing - discovered quilt top 07-01-21

There are boxes and baskets and bags of quilting stuff that I haven't looked at in decades.  But I need to keep digging through it all and find new homes for a lot of it.  Today I looked in a box and discovered a couple quilt tops and miscellaneous fabrics and some self made "kits" of quilts that I thought I would make.  I can tell the ages of some of them by the fabrics.  Mostly the prints, but also some fabrics that are cotton/poly and I don't remember when I last purchased cotton/poly.  The pale blue border on this quilt top is a flimsy cotton/poly.  I think this came from a workshop where one stacks different fabrics, cuts all the layers together, and then "mix and match" to make blocks.  Since I almost never work with pink it struck me how pale this is compared to the most recent bright "Pink Tree".  

Quilt top  52"L 39"W  There are eight blocks in the center cut from eight different fabrics.  The same fabrics are used for the pieced borders.  It is sort of a crazy quilt looking design and I think it is really ugly!  Maybe that is why it has languished in a box for at least 35 years. 

Close up showing two blocks and part of a border. 

I hope all those boxes, baskets, and bags turn up something more impressive than this.

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Oh my, reorganizing and clearing out....I am having a very hard time doing that! I move thing from one spot to the next, but, at this time, still seem to be keeping most of the moved 'stuff'! I am beginning to wonder what my daughters will do with it all? One day soon, I hope, I'll take care of my treasures myself! ;-)
Thanks for the encouragement!
Happy 4th of July!!! Continue to enjoy our freedoms!