Saturday, July 17, 2021

Street trees 07-17-21

Placentia plants crepe myrtle trees in the sidewalk strips - not really a good choice.  They aare beautiful when they bloom, but they require more attention that the city is willing to give.  I think there are fewer than 50% remaining in our 65 house tract.  Most of the trees have rose, mauve, lavender, blooms, but there are a few white ones which seem to bloom later than the others. 

The trees tend to send out suckers from the base which turn into bushes unless someone trims them.  This white blossoming tree grows on the next street and has so much growth from the base that pedestrians have to walk out in the street to get by.  I plan to take my clippers with me tomorrow morning and give it a trim.  

Usually the blooms are so high up that I cannot take a closeup, but these are so low I have to stoop over to get close. 


I love those long hairs sticking out of the orange centers.  So elegant. 

#   #   #
 

No comments: