Monday, September 17, 2007

Days until Xmas/Early Birds - Sep 17

There are just one hundred days left until Christmas! Although I am not good at counting I think I have this right. The day seems to be coming around sooner each year. My little grandmother in her seventies would claim that the years were getting so short that she went to bed on New Year's Day and when she woke up it was already Christmas again. I'm not quite there, but now I understand what she meant.





This is "Early Birds" (40"W x 38"L) a quilt made by Ruth Powers of Carbondale, KS. It is entirely machine pieced and quilted and won the Best of Show in the "Think Spring" catagory at IQA in Chicago in 2006. It is now part of the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection and is shown here on a grey wall. In keeping with my promise to the quilt artists I am always willing to loan one of their quilts for exhibit at museums or galleries. This quilt is going to the LaConner Quilt Museum for display at their Quilt Fest the weekend of Sep 29-30. If you are in that area you might enjoy seeing it and the rest of the quilts on display. http://www.laconnerquiltmuseum.com/

1 comment:

June said...

Hi Del,

I'm enjoying your blogging a lot. I want a latte that has a moon and stars!

As usual, Ruth's work is exquisite.