Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rain - maybe! Sep 19, 2007

Rain is forecast for parts of California (including the LA basin) tomorrow through Saturday. It won't be enough to even make a dent in our drought, but every little bit helps put a damper on the wild fires. I have been looking through my photos for some design inspiration and noticed the enormous difference in these two photos of the San Luis Reservoir on Hwy 152, just off the I-5 going west to Monterey and the Salinas Valley.


This one was taken Aug 31, 2005. You can just see the high water line on the distant shore.

This was taken July 11, 2007. There is a huge difference in that distant water line and the bottom of the lake is showing! This is agricultural water for the Central Valley, so it is important to all of us. It goes with the signs along I-5 and Hwy99, "Crops grow where water flows". Corny, but true. I hope that the rain goddess is kind to us all this year.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: