Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Birthday and Organizing 07-11-08


Liz's birthday is July 11th and I bought her a birthday cake from one of my favorite bakeries, "Creative Cakes" in Long Beach. This one is carrot cake and is decorated in their usual flamboyant style. Unfortunately, Liz could not come today, so we will celebrate one day late - tomorrow.

Liz Williams in the mustard fields off I-5 at Lost Hills - April 2006

I think this is a great picture of Liz - she is always ready for an 'adventure', so one year we were coming home from Asilomar and the wild mustard was glorious. We decided we needed a closer look, exited I-5 and found a road that wandered off through the fields. We just walked around taking pictures and looking at the different plants. Nice memory.

Posted by Picasa
Here are the extra shelves and another shelving unit strapped down in the back of the van. I picked them up yesterday, but haven't taken them out yet because there is no place to put them right now. I had to move some things around for the termite guy and he moved even more things. I hope this takes care of the termites for a long time. Liz and I will unload and, it is to be hoped, assemble everything tomorrow.
Corky is here until Sunday night. Right now he is disgusted because I am not in bed. He doesn't sleep in/on the bed, but I think he wants me in it so that he can keep an eye on me.

1 comment:

meggie said...

I am sure Corky likes to have his little routines. My little Honey likes to get behind me in this chair, & I am perched on the edge to make space for her!