Saturday, July 12, 2008

"Fish in a Bottle" 07-12-08


A couple days ago Carol Bednar and I went to dinner at "Fish in a Bottle" which is currently our favorite restaurant. It is a combination of sushi house and American dinner grill. They have sushi, both raw and cooked, but also American steak, chicken, or fish dishes. We have been working our way through the sushi menu with an occasional dip into the appetizers, Everything has been delicious, even the sushi with blueberry jam - we couldn't imagine it, so we tried it and liked it!


Carol and I started out with edamame, followed by the organic greens salad, which we order every time just to taste the fantastic dressing. I haven't figured out what is in it yet. By our request our appetizer, fresh asparagus wrapped in Filet Mignon (outstanding combo), was served with our main dish, Baha roll (avocado, tuna, cooked shrimp, sushi rice, seaweed wrap, chili pepper (very mild) sauce and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds. Every time I eat at this restaurant I think that meal has to be the very best, but with each return trip I find another meal that I think is the very best.
I thought they had their own website, but I can't find it. If you Google "Fish in a Bottle", Placentia, CA you will find a number of reviews.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

dee said...

Thanks for the heads-up on Mel's blog. I have entered the phase in life where I am a fountain of useless information but can't remember who said what.
That was a fabulous meal. I like the fusion menu idea so much.
Really enjoying looking back over your blog. Wonderful work.

meggie said...

What a fantastic looking meal. I would love to try something like that. When we were young, we loved eating out & went regularly. Now my husband seems to have lost his enjoyment in life, including food, so we rarely dine out.