Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Rose is a Rose 01-17-09

I know the name of this rose, but I can't find it in my head and the gardener has cut the tag off. And I know I wrote it down somewhere, but I can't remember that either.

It was here when we moved in and the point of showing it is that it is a gorgeous rose. The fragrance is strong and intoxicating, the blooms huge and the color very pleasing. The two minuses are weak stems on the flowers and not a lot of blooms. This image gives the true color in full bloom.

Here is a different bloom that is past its prime, but it is one of the larger ones. The outer petals have started to fade, while the center is still pink.


I thought I could show the size of the blossom with my hand as 'ruler', but my hand could be any size. Right?

Here is the same blossom with a yardstick behind it. 6+"!

And the deep heart of the rose.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: