Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Doctoring equates with Brunch 08-24-10

As a treat for myself I sometimes go to 'brunch' after a morning doctors appointment. Not usually after physical therapy, but I had a great session this morning and I decided a visit to Kimmie's in Orange was in order. I've shown pictures of this cafe in previous posts and it is one of my favorite brunch spots. I like to sit in the front window and watch the people on the street while I eat - it is a good people watching spot.

Like any older area there are deep, narrow shops and stores in downtown Orange, Just wide enough for a row of tables and a counter fronting the long, narrow kitchen. I was there in the lull between breakfast and lunch so it wasn't very busy. The decor is very much like the cafes I remember from my growing up years in Portland, Oregon. Unmatched chairs, tablecloths, flatware and dishes.

This is the view out "my" window - not very interesting at the moment.

And here is the 'brunch' - a "Short Stack". Two fresh eggs - created in California - two slices of bacon (origin unknown), two buttermilk pancakes (made on the premises) and decaf coffee (not as good as Starbucks). Notice the designer plate (they don't know I am a quiltmaker) and the non-matching mug. The shiny disk near the flatware is my purse hook.
After all this I came home and worked on the Surfside Quilters Guild newsletter.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Hi Del! Stay cool today!! I LOVE that you treated yourself to Brunch, in a nice place you like, after going to your appointment! Good for YOU! L@@ks really good!♥

June said...

Glad to hear that you had a good appointment. I always have a glass of wine after going to the dentist's. I deserve it, just as you deserved the fine brunch.