Monday, November 29, 2010

Walking with Corky 11-29-10

Corky's parents dropped him off with me when they drove home from the desert on Saturday. He was really tired - all those people, all that excitement, and another visiting dog. It has been quite cold (for SCalifornia) and very windy - he has mostly just slept, curled up in his beds. But he does need a walk every day, so we tried a new walking spot at an industrial complex which is mostly empty. It isn't quite so deserted as where we have walked before - there is a residential inn that shares the parking lot, so there are business people coming and going. He prefers to not double back and at this place we can walk entirely around the building. We walked around twice yesterday about 4:30pm. It was a good walk, despite the wind.

There is the "Gold Standard", the only car in the parking lot, although while we were walking someone else parked a few spots away. I could see the light of a computer screen through the tinted windows of the building, someone was inside keeping an eye on the building and us!


Lots of leaves being blown around - mostly sweet gum/liquidamber - and the trees on the other side of the building were pretty bare.


As I have said, I like to check in on http://www.dooce.com/ to see the "Daily Chuck". I have been amazed at the things Heather can get Chuck to wear on his head while she takes his picture. http://www.dooce.com/daily-chuck/2010/10/06/got-it I've tried a few things on Corky, but he hasn't tolerated them well. I guess this big Sycamore leaf is light enough - he seemed to not know it was there.


But it works better when the stem is facing front. Reminds me of the palm frond hat the lovely ladies at Westside Quilters gave me http://delquilts.blogspot.com/search/label/Hats when they had the program in the garden in August. It seems that Corky has the same stunned look on his face as Chuck sometimes does. And as I probably did when I tried on the palm frond hat!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

That photo of Corky with the leaf hat is too cute. I don't think I could get Scooter to tolerate even a leaf.