Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Monday Browsing 09-19-11

Not really much browsing this this past week as I have been busy with pictures for the Surfside Quilters Guild, both the newsletter and the member directory. 

Here is a very funny Blog post that I came across on the Quilt Art list:
http://www.tanyabrown.org/blog/?p=889
I go for the socks in a silver bowl, but what would my granny say?

Only employees are allowed to pump gas in Oregon (and New Jersey, I understand).  So, each time I visit there I pull into a station, turn to open my door and find a man standing right outside.  It always startles me.  When I was growing up women couldn't pump gas in Oregon, but I don't know if there are now female station attendants or not.  When I stopped for gas in Ashland, OR, I saw something I haven't seen for years - one of those rubber "cords" across the pavement that rings a bell inside the station when someone drives up. Boy, that takes me back.  Here is a photo essay about gas stations of yesteryear:
http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2082591_2292421,00.html?artId=2082591_2292421?contType=gallery?chn=photoessays

I don't watch TV much (except for Tom Selleck on "Blue Bloods") - it seems such a waste of time.  So, I was happy to find this Heidi Klum workout for commercial breaks.  Might be worth a try, only I'll have to leave the sound on so I will know that the commercials are over! 
http://heidiklum.aol.com/category/fitness-and-nutrition/commercial-breaks/

Remember the SAQA online auction - the 2nd week started today and there are some very nice quilts offered.  http://www.saqa.com/saqa-u.php?ID=1791

It is a good organization that does a lot for quilters everywhere.

                                                                           #   #   #


Monkey paw flowers - love those purple stems!

1 comment:

dee said...

No gas pumping here in Suffolk County on the North Shore of Long Island either. Fine with me too. I hate getting out to pump the stuff.

Those Monkey Paws are fascinating.