Friday, May 3, 2013

Road Trip - Ashland, OR 05-02-13

My first task this morning was fill up with gas before I left Grants Pass.  I do dislike getting gas in Oregon because the state doesn't permit self-serve.  I pull up to the pump, pop open the little cover on my gas tank, open my door to get out and there is a guy standing there.  WHAT?  It always gives me a start.  Then I remember that Oregon wants to provide jobs for people with no skills, so they inflict the public with "pump boys"  ... and girls!  I believe there is one other state with this arcane law - maybe NJersey.  At any rate, I started out with a full tank this morning.

By the time I got down to Ashland I needed a break and a little walk around.  I need to stop about every two hours and move my bones or I can't get out of the car when I arrive at my destination. There is a great quilt shop in Ashland - "Quiltz" - so I stopped to feel some fabric, always a good chance to move around.  Of course, one can't just walk around feeling fabric without buying something, so I whipped out my credit card and supported the economy of Ashland.  I'll post pictures. 

Right outside the door to the shop are several pink dogwood trees in full bloom.  Gorgeous!

 
 
 
I clipped this little twig with three blossoms and did my hole-in-a-water-bottle vase trick.  The bottle lays on my dash with a few exercise squeezers to stabilize it.  I thought I would give this little arrangement to Mary, with whom I am spending the night in SJBautista, but by the time I arrived the flowers and leaves were completely wilted.  Guess that is why I haven't seen dogwood as a cut flower.

It is late and I covered a lot of miles today, so I am off to bed.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Great picture of the dogwoods for inspiration for a Ruth McDowell class :) Happy travels!! XX