Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Creating a Quilt (3rd try on blog) 09-03-13


I promised a Monthly Mini for Surfside QGuild for October. I started working on it a month or so ago, but have been putting it aside to work on things with closer deadlines! But now I am under-the-gun, because the meeting is next Tuesday and it isn't finished. I have taken some in progress pictures with the intent of showing what I am doing along the way. But that also has taken a back seat. Here are a few beginnings and some closer to finished.

I narrowed my fabric choices down to two backgrounds and five pumpkins.

 
I have to shift the fabrics around to see what will work best for my eye.

 
And then try the pumpkin fabric on the backgrounds. When I placed it here the bat to the right of the moon popped out and was an ah-ha moment.

 

 

Other fabric choices needed to be made and finally ended like this. However the tree is right across the wonderful bat. Nothing is attached to the background so I could try some different layouts.

 On Thursday I will show you the changes I made and the final image that developed.
#   #   #

2 comments:

Dolores said...

Love it!! I admire you work as well as your determination to keep quilting even tho you're so busy. I on the other hand don't start art pieces but keep making quilts for teaching. You are inspiring me!!!

Quiltedtime said...

Those are some fun fabrics there, Del! The bat fabric is so perfect.