Thursday, September 5, 2013

Still working on "Jack"

Thanks to kind Susan who sent me an e this morning to say my blog was missing pictures - again.  What is with that? Anyone know why?  Since it is daylight, I retook the pictures and redid my blog.  I didn't change the text, so it might be a little askew. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to give up all night sewing some years ago.  And now I am going to have to give up all day sewing. I just need to start my projects earlier and work in shorter spans of time. I have the Tylenol bottle sitting on my breakfast (read "anytime") table along with a bottle of water.  Old, tired muscles.  Groan!

I promised that tonight I would show you the changes in "Jack".  These are not great images because I took them inside when it was already getting dark.  I couldn't take them outside due to the heat.  ONLY 100F today (and 80F at 11 tonight).  I had to go out about 4pm to bring in the trash cans and I thought I was a goner.  When I came in I had a little 20 minute snooze, which helped, but I have just felt puny the rest of the day. 


You see above that I moved the tree to the left side so the bat wasn't covered and added a little rickety fence in place of the tree. I used a variegated cotton thread to quilt it and, as usual, like the look.

 "Jack" still needs a binding and a sleeve. I have the label made, ready to hand sew on.
By-the-way, the light bats are grey, not pink.  What did I say about the images?
 

6 comments:

Susan Turney said...

No photos again, Del!

Christine Thresh said...

Can't see any pictures.

Loretta said...

This little quilt is terrific! Jack's hat is ready for the Easter parade! And the quilter's whimsy is extraordinary! Thanks.

Susan Turney said...

So cute! Love the hat!

Dolores said...

LOVE IT!!!

shilsenbeck said...

So cute -- love you quilting. especially the bat.