Monday, April 28, 2014

First morning at Empty Spools Seminars 04-28-14

It is a gorgeous morning at Asilomar and I can hear the surf from my room.  How I love this place!
Hilde Morin gave an overview of the class yesterday and we all went around the room looking at everyone's inspiration photos and what fabric they have brought with them.  Quite an array, but nothing like the piles of possibilities that students brought for Ruth McDowell's classes.  I don't understand how Hilde designs and makes her quilts, they are all pieced with maybe a bit of embellishment.  I'm a little nervous about the process, unknowns do that to me, but I keep telling myself that I am taking the class to learn how Hilde does it, so I just need to be patient.  Not my strong suit. 

I was too tired last evening to post, much less work on some photos.  But I will make up for it tonight.  Hope the sun is shining, wherever you are.

#   #   #


1 comment:

Elaine said...

I just tried Ruth McDowell's technique for solving a quilt problem I had in my first "art quilt". I was so excited to solve the problem. I had checked out her book from our guild and realized her technique would fix the sheep quilt issue. Have a fabulous week and learn lots. I used to teach high school art-my best students were those who felt they hadn't a clue-I try to remember that when I am in the same place-clueless but open:)