Sunday, April 27, 2014

Rain!  Real rain - it was lovely.  But not in Placentia.  I drove up to San Juan Bautista yesterday to have a little visit with Mary and Joe before my Empty Spools class starts tomorrow (Sunday).  Unfortunately, Joe is in the hospital for some more tests, but should be home mid-week, so maybe I will be able to see him before I drive home. 
 
As I drove into the Fort Tejon area it started drizzling a bit and by the time I was going down the Grapevine it was a full downpour.  Fortunately, everyone slowed down and we crept down the mountain.  It rained lightly periodically for several hours then and Mary said it had been raining at their house.  Driving across the flat part of the valley there was a beautiful cloud cover with black clouds above, but the sun was shining on the horizon. 
 
 
Fluffy black, rain filled clouds.
 
 Yet, there was the sun shining on the horizon.  When I stopped for gas at the Buttonwillow turnoff a horizon to horizon double rainbow was glowing to the southwest.   No picture.

 
My automatic windshield wipers came on and off and on most of the rest of the way north.  Here you can see the long line of vehicle headlights all the way to the horizon - heavy traffic going south, but fortunately the northbound traffic was light.
 
No rain today, but cloudy and not very warm for someone who has been living in temps up to the mid 80s in the last week or so.  I have layers on - all night, too! 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Elaine said...

The rain was so appreciated here in Ramona. Tell me you are not taking those pics out your window as you drive on the 5-yikes!!!:)