Tuesday, April 29, 2014

More Hilde Morin class at Empty Spools 04-29-14

Here are a couple pictures from today's class.
 
This was the state of my project about noon today.  The inspiration photo was taken in Denver looking out a hotel window.  This is an old yellow brick parking garage from about 1930 (or so I was told).  It attracted my attention because it was sort of wonky and the windows were slanted - something I did not achieve in my piecing, I'm afraid.  It has already been changed around a bit and may be again tomorrow.   The greenish area along the bottom is supposed to be a vacant lot. 
 
These are blocks that Hilde made to demonstrate her assembly process.  All pieced, no applique, no  fusing, no set ins, no Y (or y) seams. 
#   #   #
 


2 comments:

Loretta said...

Love the fabrics you are using ...lots of textures. Enjoy your day.

Anonymous said...

Love this. I looked Hilde up and she has some great stuff. Can't wait to see your progress.
Sally
VAM volunteer