Friday, May 2, 2014

Asilomar Views 05-02-14

The classroom for Hilde Morin's class was Surf & Sand which has three outside walls of glass, so the lighting is very good during the day.  I was fortunate to find a seat that faced the window and this was my view outside. 

From my seat looking toward Monterey Bay I could just see the glimmer of the sun on the water - right about where the dying pine tree is in the middle of the picture.
 
 I think I should have put these three pictures in the opposite order, too late now.
This is the base of a giant Monterey Cypress which grows next to the Pirate's Den sleeping rooms.  If  the building is 30 feet tall this tree may be 75 feet tall.  A great specimen.   My car is in the lower right corner of the picture.

 
A little bit higher - the room at top right is 503 which was where I stayed.
 

And all the way up to the crown of the tree.  Just a glimpse of the fog that rolled in this morning - cooling things off considerably.  Much more comfortable for everyone.
#   #   #

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Are you home safely? We certainly had wonderful weather!!!