Sunday, February 14, 2021

Lemon tree 02-13-21

It is citrus season here.  The orange, lemon, mandarin trees are weighted down with fruit.  At the same time the buds are setting for next year's bounty.  Kind neighbors share bags of fruit and I pass some on to others.  I could never use the 20+ lemons someone left on my porch last year.  

This little tree has been growing here for at least six years, but it gets no fertilizer and apparently only natural water.  The previous owners did not pick the fruit, so what wasn't rescued by neighbors just rotted.  Sad.  New owners seem to be taking better care. 

See all the tiny white blossoms coming on.  Hope a lot of them survive and the lemons will be abundant next winter.  

We are doing okay.  I am just so very, very tired and spend a lot of time resting, reading, and snoozing.  We did the loop both morning and evening today and I continue with the PTherapy exercises.  But then have to rest up.  BP is all over the map; I am taking it three times a day per instructions.  

Hope you have a special Valentines Day.  One of my neighbors brought me a heart shaped balloon.  It bumps along on the ceiling with my movements and KoKo growls at it.  I think he has accepted it now.  Funny guy.  
#   #   #
 

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Happy Valentine's Day....
Stay well.