Monday, August 3, 2009

QFestival LBeach #6 Posted 08-03-09

Just one quilt this time. I finally finished the SQG newsletter this evening and I feel like some has been beating on me! Sitting in a chair, no matter how comfy it is, for two or three days has left me in one big cramp! And my eyes..... Well, I guess I will have to spread the newsletter out over a longer period. So, I will start the September N/L as soon as I recover a bit from this one. Thanks to Jeanne Mills in Pacific Grove, CA., again for rescuing me. I couldn't figure out where my pages were going - they seemed to just disappear. Turns out I was saving them as individual pages, but looking for them on the entire 15 page document. They were there all the time, just under different names. Sometimes I think the lights are out upstairs!

I think this is the most simple sign I saw at the QFestival. Minimalism, indeed.

I cropped this image back to the quilt, but surrounded with the grey computer background it died, so I retreived it.The backgroundt was something I observed when I was looking at the quilt at the QF. One would only want to hang this quilt agaist black, I think. Across the aisle there was a quilt with open work in the center, it would have been more effective against a light background. Something to think about when purchasing quilts for your walls.

Here is a detail shot, which shows the different fancy machine stitches used to fasten down the strips. Something that Ruth B. McDowell has experimented with. It does add some texture to the surface of the quilt. I really love this quilt, but all my walls are light. 8>)))
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

The edges all look turned, not raw. Is this true?

Del said...

Yes, I believe that all of them are turned.

June said...

Nice piece. You might want to check about computer glasses. I was having back and neck problems because I was looking up so I could focus through the bottom of my bifocals. Now that I have the new glasses I can't stand to work on the computer without them. I actually bought a cheap pair at Safeway that work pretty well, almost as good as the very spendy pair from the eye doctor.

Del said...

Thanks, June. I think I'll give it a try. Better than suffering from eye strain every time I do a newsletter. Love, Del-at-the-Beach