Saturday, August 8, 2009

Quilt Festival LBeach #11 people Posted 08-08-09

This may not be of interest to anyone. But I used to wonder what a Quilt Festival would be like - I'd think of the 50,000+ visitors to Quilt Festival Houston and think, "Nope, I would feel claustrophobic in a crowd like that." LBeach has about 20,000 visitors and the space is much smaller and the crowd doesn't look so huge in these pictures which I took on Sunday. I know Sunday is not a big day, perhaps the least attended. However, I may be able to attend Houston after all. Not this year, maybe next.
A vendor aisle.


Another vendor aisle. Seemed there were a lot of younger guys there.
On the left was an exhibit of wonderful traditional quilts. On the right the Journal Quilts for 2009 - "Elements - Earth, Water, Air, and Fire."
Journal Quilts

Traditional and Journal Quilts again.
I have one more quilt I would like to share with you, but I missed the sign so I am trying to get in touch with the maker to have more information about the quilt. Whenever I have it, I'll share.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

Hi Del, I went on Friday, thanks to you!! I felt that there were a lot less people at the show this year, on Friday, than last. It was very comfortable,busy,but comfortable. I have enjoyed your photos of the show and quilts.
It was a very nice time!
Thanks again.