Monday, March 15, 2010

Sylvia Einstein class - Asilomar 03-15-10

No better place than Empty Spools Seminars to see quilter's license plates!


Here is a hand quilter who also promotes breast self-exam.

No need to name names about who is the slowest in the class! I had purchased the end of the bolt of this big poppy fabric and it was only 3/4ths yard. I hadn't intended to use it for my project, but when I spread out my fabric it became the focus fabric. I had to cut paper arcs to see if I could squeeze out 16 arcs - just barely. After I took this picture I went shopping for some celery greens, but after cutting out a few 'melons' I don't think they are going to work. I may just use all black and white for the background.
Shelly Gunby's project. The green is a batik and is much brighter in reality.


Cora Stewart's project. She calls these "Australian colors". I like it a lot.

Dottie Daybell's project. Dottie and I have taken many classes in common over the years. I always admire her use of 2nd hand fabrics which she purchases at Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc. Most of these are from yukata or summer kimonos - she told me that Oceanside is a good hunting place for these when troops return from Asia.

Carole Pirruccello's project. This wild collection of fabrics is more representative of what is being used in class.

Karmen Streng's project. I've been in a few of the same classes as Karmen. She always produces classic color and style.

Justin Lott's project. This is a knockout - how original to shade the value from light at the top to dark at the bottom.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

Say a big hi! to my Santa Rosa friends, Cora and Justine!!