Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sylvia Einstein class - Asilomar 03-16-10

Another gorgeous day at Asilomar. It was 81F inland at Gilroy, CA, today. Not so warm here, but the sun was shining and people sat in shirt sleeves out on the benches mid-day.
This is the audience at this evening's program in Merrill Hall. Sylvia Einstein is giving her 9 minute talk (several teachers speak each evening and are limited to 9 minutes - students are usually chomping to get back to work in their classrooms - they can work until 11pm). The "holders/folders" are holding up Mary Leakey's "There are no Zebras in Costa Rica", which Sylvia presented as a great example of class work. She also showed Gail Abeloe's work, but I couldn't get my camera out fast enough.

This is my project. I got a little further this evening - I removed all the black on white triangles and cut black on white melons. I will try making all the triangles white on black. Earlier I had rearranged the large arcs to make four complete rings, rather than have some reversed. The small arcs are all darkish red. By the end of the day I was thoroughly sick of this piece!

Shelly Gunby completed the sewing on the piece I showed yesterday and is starting this new one. Some people are good decision makers and sew very fast. Several students have complete their first piece.

Donna Moog has also completed this 'bubbly' quilt top and is starting another even more wild!

She has a marvelous collection of outlandish fabrics.

Jan Grace has also completed her elegant work.


Audrey Bailey's color selection is simply awesome. Wish I could do something like this, but I think I am just too "straight laced" to let go and work in such a diverse palette.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

dee said...

Love, love, love, Donna Moog's design and choice of fabric. It's wonderful, bright, and cheerful, makes me smile to look at it.