Friday, March 19, 2010

No pictures! 03-19-10

Sorry, I failed to upload/download the photos before leaving Asilomar and now I am at Mary's - she has limited 'loading' capabilities due to her satellite service restrictions, so I don't want to exceed her allotment. I may already have done so because I downloaded the pictures from my camera. Photos will have to wait until I get home, possibly Sunday evening.

Around 3:30am I woke up in my Asilomar room to go potty and found that I couldn't step down on my left foot. I hung onto furniture and hobbled to the bathroom did my business and looked for some Tylenol, but I had no pain medication left. Also, my cane was in the 'trunk' of the Lexus where I always carry it. So, I just went back to bed - as long as I wasn't walking my ankle didn't hurt. Today was the last day of Empty Spools and I needed to get packed up. I dressed, got my cane from the car and hobbled to breakfast, stopping on the way back to class to buy some Aleve in the little store in the Adm. Bldg. I got lots of help loading my stuff into the car - thanks to all those helpful hands - and drove to Mary's in San Juan Bautista. She got me some ice bags and we propped up my foot with the ice on the ankle. In a couple of hours there was much less pain and I could walk around more like a normal person. But I know that it isn't 'cured' yet and will require more ice and little walking tomorrow. I need to reorganize all the things I will need to get into the car to drive home, then I'll have a good night's sleep and leave on Sunday morning. I'd love to drive down 101, but I suspect with the lovely weather we are having that several million other people will be using that route. I'll post a bit tomorrow night and then hit you will a giant blog on Sunday night.... or, more likely sometime on Monday! I will be working on the SQG newsletter after I get home, it needs to be posted by the end of the week.
# # #

4 comments:

Suzanne Kistler said...

Take care of yourself, Del. I hope your pain is gone today, and that you enjoy safe travels. I've loved the pictures from Asilomar. It's the next best thing to being there.

Patty ♣ said...

Don't try to drive home if you are still having pain...Sorry that your fun ended with this happening. I have sure enjoyed your posts!

Corky said...

Sorry your ankle is acting up. Take care.

June said...

Del, Take care. This doesn't sound good. I know you are tough, but sometimes you have to admit you can't go it alone. Whatever that means...... I'm so sorry you are having such trouble. I wish I could help.