Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sylvia Einstein class - Asilomar - 03-17-10

This picture is of the back of Pirate's Den where my sleeping room is located. There is a white-crowned sparrow in the middle of the pine tree. With the telephoto up to 16X on my new Canon camera.....

I could take this picture of the little guy. Pretty amazing!

This is my project as it stands tonight. I am not happy with all the pieces and will do some more swapping around and replacing tomorrow. I am upholding my reputation as the slowest person in the class!

Some of the students are working on their 2nd Double Wedding Ring project (one on her third and the first two are sewn together) and some have switched to "Magic Square", another project that Sylvia teaches. This is Jan Grace's work. If you are interested I can explain it to you. I have done it in past years.
Out to dinner at the Red House for the fabulous Blue Cheese Souffle, but I swear it is smaller than it used to be! Just as good, however. Sylvia, Gail Abeloe, Jeanne Mills and I shareda brownie for dessert. It was about 3.5" square and topped with homemade ice cream and a few raspberries and strawberries. It was wicked!
I had another massage with Heidi today - she has magic hands. Followed by a little fifteen minute nap and back to class for a few hours. Then I had to go to the ATM for some cash and make a quick stop at Back Porch. Is it any wonder I don't accomplish as much as the other students? I am very tired tonight and will be in bed and asleep in about ten minutes. Last full day of class tomorrow and I will also showing the Ruth McDowell quilts I have with me as part of "Show, Share and Tell" at the evening program.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

dee said...

Love the way your poppies are coming together Del. Slow and steady wins. Hope you feel better soon.

Christine Thresh said...

Your project -- I think you are almost there. I presume the blank spaces will be filled in.
I really like it very much.

Rayna said...

Huh? I don't think you need to rearrange it - but then, it's not my piece - LOL.

Who cares what pace you work at? Enjoying yourself is the point and you seem to be doing that quite well!

Say hi to Sylvia for me.