Tuesday, October 19, 2010

And more PIQF 10-19-10

Since I wasn't at PIQF to take a zillion pictures as I usually do, Mary Leakey tried to take pictures of quilts she thought I would like. We have been to enough quilt shows together for her to have a good idea. Some of them I know she took for herself - maybe even these!

I think it is the color that appeals to me on this one. I would have used a more blue-violet, but I like the effect of the colors on each other here.
P.S. Someone who saw this quilt in-the-fabric says the color is waaaay of. I am sorry, if anyone has a better image I would be happy to post it. Del 10-20-10

Those are surely rings wrapped with thread - maybe perle cotton, but it is very shiny for that.


I believe this is my favorite. Not just for the lacelike look of the shibori dyed fabric, but for her observation of the light through the redwood trees. Yes, I can see it!



If you click to enlarge this you can see her quilting lines.

This quilt brings to mind not foreign lands, but Gustav Klimt's paintings. Rich color and pattern.
I'd hang it on my wall in an instant!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: