Friday, October 22, 2010

More PIQF - People 10-22-10

It seems that every art quilter turns eventually to depicting people or animals. Here are a few people quilts that were on display at PIQF 2010. By-the-way, anytime there is a country flag on a sign it indicates that the quilt represents that country in the World Quilt Competition.
Quilts that are displayed in the special exhibit New Quilts of Northern California may also be entered in the competition part of the show. So, they have two labels - I include both because the information is slightly different.

I imagine any grandmother would be thrilled with this quilt. The shadows are especially nice.

Wonderful whimsical display of the people who could live on my block, or yours!

Isn't the "Vote for Big Void for Governor" a hoot? This being "the year" for California it seems so appropriate.

There is always someone who cannot have enough pets.


Pamela Allen is one of my favorite quiltmakers and there are several of her quilts in the TCQG. I also found her class at Asilomar very instructive and fun - I accomplished a lot that week. Always good to have a teacher who gets you going and shares all of her methods and secrets.

I'm not sure that the Hilton would actually allow these ladies in their lounge. Spools into boobies is one of Pamela's extra touches.

I can't figure out what this lady's hair is made of. It looks like a row of little mice - with feet!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: