Saturday, July 19, 2014

QHOF Gallery of Ruth Quilts 07-19-14

The Quilters Hall of Fame weekend ended tonight at dinner with the presentation of the medal and praise for Ruth from many different people.  It was a tasty dinner and a happy, proud group of ladies.  And a few guys. 
 
Prior to the dinner there was a gallery walk through with Ruth which was very well attended - too much so, it got terribly warm with all the bodies and the lights.  And it was hard to hear.  But I think most everyone enjoyed seeing the quilts and hearing her comments about them.  The veggie quilt looks especially great with perfect lighting on it.
 
The quilt on the right is "Kin Can Can-Can" which was based on a picture taken at Leah's wedding rehearsal dinner.  It is permanently part of Ruth's collection.  I'm not sure I have her sister's correctly identified, but starting on the left (just as in the quilt) are Ruth, daughter Emily McDowell, daughter Leah Lofgren, sister Susie, sister Nancy, sister Marilyn.
 
Here are daughter Leah Lofgreen, Ruth, daughter Emily McDowell.
 
I'll be off tomorrow for points north and west and will try to keep you updated.  And as I have time I'll post a few of Ruth's quilts from the exhibit.
#   #   #
 

1 comment:

Loretta said...

What a wonderful, wonderful event! I am so sorry I had to miss it, but my grandsons' visit was also terrific. Thank you for sharing...I look forward to more of Ruth's quilts...safe adventure home!