Sunday, July 13, 2014

Road Trip - Indiana Additional pix New Mexico 07-12-14

I didn't get up in the middle of the night and am feeling pretty chipper this morning.  NOT  bright eyed and bushy tailed, but better than yesterday.  Here are some pictures  taken along I-40E yesterday.  All sky, clouds, highway and periods of rain.

I see a lot of this sort of thing along I-40 in New Mexico, especially in the Gallup area.  They all advertise as "Trading Posts", but few are.  Looking for your tourist dollars.

?
Ostrich?

 
The weather changes fast out here in the high desert.  There was this..  Accompanied by fierce lightning followed by almost instant thunder.  Too close for comfort.
 
 And a few miles further.
 
Then the road curves into the storm in the northwest.

Then, in an instance, the rain is pounding down. 
 
And just as suddenly the road curves back to the east and there is  blue sky.
 

Clear, until the next thunderstorm.

In the parking lot of the Hampton Inn in downtown Albuquerque, the sun is setting and another thunder storm is passing in the distance.
 
#   #   #

2 comments:

Susan Turney said...

Great photos! I feel like I'm with you! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Del, How did you find hwy54? It seems like a nice diagonal. It must save a lot of miles. When we make the trip we usually go I40 to I35. Drive carefully. Deb