Sunday, July 13, 2014

Road Trip - Indiana Albuquerque to Liberal, KS 07-13-14

I saw this on the back window of a SUV in Edgewood, NM.  Made me laugh.
 
Don't know what these white flowers are, but they are about the only wild flowers I have seen on this trip  with only a few sunflowers here and there. 
 
This looks like an oil paint, but it is just an over manipulated photo that I took.  I rather like this effect, wonder if I can ever do it again
 
The flowers are growing along the railroad tracks - see the solid dark line toward the top of the image.   Highway 54 is an oddity in Kansas because it isn't aligned north/south or east/west.  It travels on a sort of diagonal because it was constructed along the RR tracks which were laid out in the second half of the 1800s.  And RR tracks were plotted on the shortest distance between point A and point B - no excess rails needed. 
 
Just like last night I will have to quit the computer and get to bed.  More tomorrow.
 
#   #   #

No comments: