Saturday, July 19, 2014

QHOF - Luncheon, Lecture, Dinner 07-18-14

A very long and busy day for everyone.  I was too tired to compute last night, so here I am at 7:30am on Saturday trying to catch up with myself and get ready for another long day.  I'm going to have to fit a nap in somehow.  Heavy overcast this morning, wonder if we will have some rain - always makes it harder to get around. 
 
I missed Ruth's gallery walk yesterday afternoon.  We got involved in visiting the local quilt shop, Sew Biz, which is a rabbit's warren of fabric and goodies.  I purchased the rest of two bolts for the philanthropic projects at Surfside QGuild - $3/yard and bright colored, quality fabric.  One advantage of driving is one can find room for anything on the way home.  I also bought into the Row by Row "Shop Hop" - a row of hearts.  The  shop owner said the patterns and kits are flying off the shelves.  Check it out at http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/
 
Ruth McDowell ready to give her talk at the luncheon.

Ann Shaw ready to be the audio-visual assistant.
 
This is one of Ruth's latest quilts.  Granddaughter Pippi being pulled in the sled by the late/great Harvey.
  
 There is a small quilt show with both new and vintage quilts along with a few vendors.  I really enjoyed this yoyo quilt; beautifully done with perfect yoyos as you can see below.

This is what they are supposed to look like - flat with a small hole in the middle.  If you get a volcano in the middle your stitches are too small. 
 
Dinner at The Mill restaurant with Ruth and friends.  
They serve open face "gourmet hamburgers".  This is the "Goober" - hamburger patty on Texas Toast topped with bacon, peanut butter and mayo (on the side).  The diner thought it was good.

 I stuck to something I know.  The "California Burger" has Texas Toast, burger patty, mozzarella, tomato and avocado.  It was delicious but I ate it all and was uncomfortable.

 
Another of my table mates had a lovely salad and a quesadilla - also delicious.
 
Now, off to another busy day.....
#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Ruth is beautiful! Harvey and Pippi's quilt is charming! Do catch a nap so you can keep up with the activities! L

Elaine said...

The Harvey/Pippa quilt has so much energy-love it! Got to get that nap in-great finds at the quilt shop! Continue to have a blast-careful driving if it rains.