Thursday, December 3, 2009

More autumn color 12-03-09

Just a few more autumn pictures. I may not post again until I arrive home on Sunday or Monday. But I do want you to know that I met Gerri Congdon and Terry Grant at a Starbucks in what I think is Milwaukee (every town/district runs together just like in SCalifornia) this morning and we had a great visit. They both took photos which they have promised to send to me. I then went over to Aunt Dorothy's and sat by her bed. When she slept I read, when she was awake we talked - until finally she was more asleep than awake. I'll drop in to see her one more time in the morning before I hit the road. Right now I will hit the bed - and be asleep in five minutes.

This is a rice field north of Sacramento. I don't know why some were completely drained and some were still flooded. I think it makes a nice picture. Click to enlarge. [NOTE: I am told that the fields that are still flooded are for the benefit of the migrating water fowl. I'll have to check on that.)

In the rest stop north of Willows CalTrans has planted weeping willows which are just starting to turn yellow. The liquid amber trees are in full autumn dress.


I have read about the Sundial Bridge in Redding, but never seen it before. Here is a website that explains. http://www.visitredding.com/sundial.cfm It is interesting, but I was quite busy enjoying the fall colors.


I believe this is the tallest liquid amber I have ever seen. It must be 40 feet tall. Lovely leaves and lovely filigree pattern they make against the sky.

Unknown landscape shrub near the Turtle Bay visitor center. It is very unusual with the flowers that almost look dried, but they are flexible. Great mix of red and green leaves. Anyone know its name?

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Autumn colours!

I'm really enjoying the photos from the Northern Hemisphere this Spring - the colours are so strong this year!

Hugz

dee said...

I just saw the picture of you three on Terry's blog. Great shot of you and the other talent...

When you get home I need to ask you about my root-bound Clivia.

Safe travels Del.

Terry Grant said...

It was really fun to get together. The Starbucks where we met is actually in Sellwood, not Milwaukie, but you are right--they run together pretty seamlessly!

Meggie said...

Some lovely pics Del.