Saturday, December 5, 2009

Coffee @ Starbucks 12-03 Posted 12-05-09

Here we are having coffee on Thursday morning at a Starbucks in Portland, OR.
From the left - Gerrie Congdon, Del Thomas, Terry Grant
It was such a nice visit - we will have to do it again when June Underwood is home from her artist's residences and I make another trip to Portland.
I am at Mary's in San Juan Bautista for the night. It was only 21 degrees this morning when I left the motel in Yreka - I had to scrap frost off my windshield!! Something I don't remember ever doing before. Other than that and the continuing cold weather, it was an uneventful day. I left Yreka at 8am, made two gas stops and three potty stops and arrived at Mary's at 3:30pm.
Mary had a big pot of delicious soup and soft-as-a-cloud rolls, followed by homemade cookies. What a friend! Now I am off to bed - sooooo tired.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

Happy to hear that you are almost home.

Rayna said...

Good to hear that you had such a lovely break on the way!

Christine Thresh said...

It will be so nice to sleep in your own bed tonight.
Your meet-up with Gerrie and Terry must have enhanced your trip to Portland.

June said...

Glad that you got through the worst of the trip and are now at Mary's. The weather is turning nasty, so I-5 would be a bad place to be. We're staying in Beatty for an extra day because of the storm. Sigh. I too would like my own bed.

You know, I think I've been whining a great deal about this -- it's time to stop! Shape up, Underwood, and enjoy the comfort of warmth and a nice place to wait out the storm.

Patty ♣ said...

I love this picture of you and your friends Del!!
AND! I agree that Mary is a GOOD friend!