Monday, July 19, 2010

Reality Photos 07-19-10

Members of Surfside Quilters Guild are having their individual pictures taken at the meetings to be included in a membership directory. I am not surprised at how many ladies resist having their picture taken, I do the same thing. Somehow, we never look as we think we should. Even though others look at our picture and instantly recognize us.
I think we take pictures of everyday things and are disappointed because they don't fit the image we had at the time we looked through the viewfinder. One of the joys of digital is being able to 'correct' the picture on the computer. Several hundred years into the future will viewers wonder that all our sunsets are perfect, the grass is greener, the sky more blue, and everything is aligned and squared up? Although I don't think a photo is as good as a drawing to help focus on what we are really seeing, I think that looking critically at pictures on my computer monitor is a good way to better see what I was looking at. The picture above is of a beautiful Long Beach sunset! Corky and I went to California Pizza Kitchen for takeout and waited an interminable time (and two phone calls) for curbside delivery. Meanwhile, the sun was going down behind us and reflecting in the restaurant window in front of us. Although I was seeing the sunset, I was also noticing all the reflections. Now, if I can only learn how to turn off the camera flash I will get a better shot next time.
Half of a Bar-B-Q chicken salad and a pear/Gorgonzola pizza. Yummy.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

dee said...

dinner sounds delicious. I loath having a picture taken. I don't feel anything like I look...thank goodness.
Really like that quilt by Julia from yesterday. Those Australian fabrics always fascinate me. Such saturated, intense, colors.

Corky said...

This is a really cool photo. As for photos of myself I really hate them. I think it's because while I refuse to accept it, I do look like that fat old woman in the photo.

Wish we had CPK here - your dinner sounded good. What did Corky eat?