Thursday, July 22, 2010

Victorian Ladies 07-21-10

A VERY long day today. Starting with the periodontist, stops at office of my G.P. and the Auto Club. Then I deserved a special treat and went to "Paris in a Cup" for lunch. These ladies came in about when I had finished my baked potato soup, tea sandwiches and cookies, but I was still sipping my tea.
I explained to them that a few weeks ago the Book Group had been seated at 'their' table and told them how elegant they all were. The lady in the center with her eyes closed was wearing the perfect hat for the shape of her face, her lovely dark hair and a dress that looked more Edwardian to me. Most elegant. The soup of the day was chilled
Strawberry -Peach. I avoided the strawberries and had the Baked Potato offering.

The lady on the left was most helpful in telling me about the group they belong to: "The Victorian Tea Society" which is associated with the Centennial Heritage Museum on Santa Ana, CA.. Although these ladies were having an independent tea date, the group hosts special afternoon tea several times a year. The lady on the right, who looks as though she must be related to the Queen (so elegant) provided a business card from the Society so I can check it out further. http://www.centennialmuseum.org/vts/index.htm

They thought it would be appropriate, since I was be-hatted, to have a group picture including a lady in a very modern colored hat. This was taken by Shanna our waitress, who also served the Book Group last month.

It was a nice break in my day as I had an afternoon appointment with my dentist, had my haircut (two weeks late for my once a month vow), stopped for gas, shopped at Trader Joe's and came home for a nap. Too long a day for this old girl. And now I am up prowling in the middle of the night again. I may try for a visit to the Quilt Festival in Long Beach tomorrow (well, later today, Thursday, would be more accurate).
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

dee said...

What fun. Love the hats. A bit of elegance is a lovely interlude.

Patty ♣ said...

A day of Mixed Blessings! How fun to meet up with these interesting ladies!
I won't see you tonight at the Festival. We will be there on Friday, early, I hope! Never know with "the sisters".

Rayna said...

That lady in the hot pink hat is the most sensibly dressed, as far as I am concerned!