Sunday, April 27, 2008

Summer roses 04-27-08

I thought I would post some photos of the roses in my yard because I came back from my travels to find them in glorious bloom. But SCalifornia is having a not too uncommon on-again-off-again summer in the springtime and the heat has blown most of the blooms. It was 99.5F in my backyard today and at 10pm it is 76F. It is supposed to be cooler midweek, so maybe I can get out to do some deadheading and weeding. The weeds also like the heat.
I don't know the name of this rose, it was planted before we moved here in 1986, but it is the most heat resistant one in my yard. The buds come out a lovely 'pearly' pink, but as they open the edges become darker pink until the fully opened flower is all dark pink. Unfortunately, the are not fragrant, but they are the most prolific bloomer I have.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jpsam said...

It looks like it smells good. Does it?
joan