Monday, November 10, 2008

Quilt from TCQC 11-10-08

Auctions are full of luck and disappointment. Sometimes I am high bidder and sometimes the stakes get too high for my pocketbook. I have some treasures that others did not recognize as treasures and I have been outbid on some quilts I really lusted after. Check out the auctions that are currently running online to benefit quilt organizations:
"Fish Tale" Janine Holzman 1996 36"W x 25"L
This quilt was in the Association of Pacific Northwest Quilters auction at the 1996 Quiltfest in Seattle. This is one I really got lucky on, it is an amazing scrap quilt with very few repeats of fabric. On the back is a poem that gives the connection to the auction theme of "The Elements: Earth, Wind, Fire and Chocolate". "The firefish swam like the wind when he saw the chocolate lure, but the barb of the hook brought him down to Earth."
I understand that Janine later sold a pattern for this piece, but I have not seen it. I'd love to have one for my files.
I am unable to find a website for Janine, who lives in Sitka, Alaska.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

meggie said...

That fish is fantastic! I can understand your joy in aquiring it!