Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Miscellaneous stuff 09-21-09

I have set my postcard making aside to work on the Surfside Quilters Guild newsletter. What a great bunch of ladies - this is a fantastic guild with lots of enthusiasm and interesting members.

I collect things "stuff" to put on my blog or send out as "E-lint" to a list of people who have somewhat my same sense of humor and/or are curious about many things in this world of ours. This blog post is just "stuff".
First is this great video of Susan Brubaker Knapp's cat Max:
Susan's blog is at... http://wwwbluemoonriver.blogspot.com/
[you can hear her warn Max to not swallow any pins - no cats were harmed doing this video!]

Here is a quilt that is on EBay right now. No bids, so far. It just isn't the right place to sell such an item. If you know any Red Sox fans pass the URL to them!

Did you send a "bundle" to IBOL (Iraq Bundles Of Love) It was a campaign to send sewing supplies and fabrics to women in Iraq where such things are few and far between. The project was organized by Karen La Flamme's husband (once known as Mr. Incredible, but now answers to IBOL Guy) who is stationed in Tikrit. He did not think it would turn into 3000 bundles (or maybe more), but you know quilters (and knitters) - always generous and helpful. No bundles are to be sent now - the IBOL Guy is into distribution, which is a huge project in its self. But it is interesting to keep up with the project. Check the website:
http://ibol.wordpress.com/
And, finally, here are a couple of amazing videos demonstrating what we do not see, even though we are looking. I love this!
http://www.awarenesstest.co.uk/   [corrected URL 03-11-12]



# # #

3 comments:

Vivika said...

Del, Your posts are always good, but the cat - well, I was on pins and needles, hoping he wouldn't swallow! You need to post a disclaimer saying that no animals were hurt in filming this video! What a great snippet
V

Mary said...

As I was watching the cat and the pin cushion video, I looked down and Bud (my sweet cat) was sitting beside my chair watching as well.
Bear, his brother used to do the same thing to my pin cushions...M

Meggie said...

I have watched a lot of video clips about cats to today!
Have you met Nora?
http://www.ravenswingstudio.com/docs/cats.html