Saturday, July 9, 2011

Memories of Montana 2005

In 2005 I was just making the transition from my well traveled SLR to a digital point-and-shoot. At the beginning I had my SLR photos transferred to discs and then loaded them into my computer.  That didn't last long, it was an awkward process, and I soon used my digital for all pictures, learning to download them directly from camera to computer.  It seemed an miraculous procedure then and it still amazes me when I consider how flawless the process works.   2005 was the summer I went to Kalispell, MT, to take a class with Ruth McDowell and fall in love with Kalispell.  I remembered it from a visit in the early 1970s as a complete cow town, so was delighted to find a growing city with better restaurants and lovely flower filled neighborhoods.  And saddened that so much of the agricultural and pasture land was cut up into "country lots" adorned with McMansions. 


The roof of this barn is more pink than red - guess they didn't buy non-fading roofing material.

Lots of old fashioned flowers and this house almost always had a sprinkler going.

The streaks in the foreground are caused by the early morning sun shining through tall trees.  One thing I didn't think to take a picture of were tomatoes in pots sitting in little red wagons so they could be moved into the sun throughout the day.  At least that is what I saw one man doing.  Yeah, save those trees.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patricia said...

My fondest memories were made in Montana when we were kids visiting our Grandparents. We would travel three days on the train from Virginia to get to Roundup.
I love the light in your photos. It took me right back.

Patty ♣ said...

I have a friend that lives in Big Foot Montana, that is close to Kalispell. Would like to visit sometime as it sounds lovely .

June said...

The barn in your first photo just revved me up. Gotta go paint!